Elizabeth Cooper
Today's card was inspired by the gorgeous pattern paper I used. The moment I saw the beautiful blues and golds, and that stunning palace, I knew I had to do something with it. And this is what I came up with:


The pattern paper is from a 4x6 paper pad called "Saveurs d'Orient." It's created by Toga, which I believe is a Canadian company. I picked up the paper pad at an art supply store here in town.

I cut the paper down to size, and adhered it onto the card front. Then I stamped the sentiment (which is from the Stamps of Life Umbrella4You stamp set) in the upper right corner using Dew Drop Brilliance: Galaxy Gold ink. I absolutely love the way it turned out! The shimmery gold is so lovely against the blue backdrop.


I knew I wanted to add some kind of border to the left side. I picked out some Film Strip Ribbon from Tim Holtz, and adhered it to the card using two Bo Bunny Et Cetera brads. Finally, I placed a couple of postcard embellishments from my stash (the packaging's long gone, so I have no idea who makes these), in the upper left portion of the card to tie everything together.




Labels: | edit post
2 Responses
  1. Trish D Says:

    Very nice Elizabeth, and I love the background paper, nice pick up :)


  2. Thanks so much for dropping by, Trish, and for your sweet comment. :-)