Elizabeth Cooper
Valentine's Day... It's almost that time of the year again! Hubby and I always go out for a nice dinner, but we don't exchange gifts. I do, however, always give him a card.

And this year, this is the card he's getting.



I admit, it's a little girly with all that pink, but hey, it is a celebration of love and romance, right?! I think this is the one time of the year I'm allowed to give him a pink, glitter-covered card. :-)

I'm also entering this card into this week's Color Throwdown challenge. Their color palette was the inspiration for the card.

I started with a piece of pattern paper from the Echo Park: Yours Truly 6x6 paper pad. How cute are those hearts?! I distressed the edges and then inked them in Memento Ink: Rose Bud, before adhering the paper straight down to the cardstock. I chose a piece of lace ribbon from my stash and wrapped it around the bottom of the card.

Then I took another pattern paper from that same pad, and die cut two pieces using the Spellbinders Nestabilities: Small Labels die. I used both sides of the paper, inked the edges with more Memento Ink, then glued the pink side directly down to the card front, and adhered the black-and-white side down using foam adhesive.

The hearts came next. They're from the Scenic Route: Chipboard Hearts set. I adhered them using glue dots. I created the flower using some Prima flowers and a brad from the Bo Bunny: Sweet Tooth Brads package, and adhered it with a glue dot as well. Then I chose a sentiment from the Scenic Route: Loveland Valentine's Chipboard pack and placed it at the top of the card.

Finally, I filled in the hearts using Stickles in Glam Pink, and ran more Stickles along the edges of the pattern paper die cuts.


I just love those hearts... and not only because they make me think of frosted cookies. :-)

3 Responses
  1. dpkennedy Says:

    Ooh, love those sparkly hearts! Very pretty card! Your hubby is going to love it, pink sparkles and all! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!


  2. Joan Ervin Says:

    What a beautiful Valentine!!! I love the papers you used and the sparkly hearts are sooo pretty!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!!!!


  3. Broni Says:

    Frosted cookies...yum! I love your hearts too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!