Elizabeth Cooper
My best friend's sister just passed the Bar Exam, and I wanted to send her a pretty card to acknowledge her accomplishment. I wanted a fun, feminine feel to the card, and this is what I came up with:


I started with the pattern paper. The vanilla strip and mat are from the DCWV Old World Stack, while the others are from the Reflections: Graceful paper pack. After cutting all the papers to the appropriate size and adhering them to the card front, I moved on to the main images.

I must admit, I stamped and re-stamped these a few times until I was happy with the color and the stamp choices, but in the end, I'm quite pleased with the overall effect. I used two stamps from Fiskars' Girls Night Out stamp set. I stamped them using Memento Tuxedo Black ink on white cardstock, and colored in the images using watercolor markers and a blender pen. 


Then I inked the edges of the image panel using Distress Ink in Festive Berries, and I adhered it to the card using foam adhesive. I also added some rhinestones from the Fine and Dandy Blue Blue Bling pack by My Mind's Eye. Lastly, I covered the martini glass in Glossy Accents for that "glass" look, and stuck a bow on top.


Labels: | edit post
3 Responses
  1. Jen Adcock Says:

    Oh my gosh, how special. I dont think I have ever seen an olive stamp let alone a cool martini glass. Just awesome and colored to perfection. Well done.


  2. sistochris Says:

    Great detail and coloring! You did a great job with the blender pens! Great celebration card.


  3. Thank you, ladies! So glad you like the card.

    Jen, the Girls Night Out stamp set from Fiskars is definitely worth a look if you like the martini glass. It has quite a few really cute stamps I haven't seen anywhere else.