Elizabeth Cooper
It's my dad's birthday on Monday. His present is a gift certificate, so I knew I wanted to create a card that also indicated the present was inside... even if it didn't double as a gift certificate holder.

And this was the result:


Almost everything I used came from the September 2011 Jillibean Soup Card Kitchen Kit. I also used one of their designs for inspiration, but I changed a few things to suit the occasion.

I started with the pattern paper, by using Navy Beans at the top and bottom, and Green Stock paper for the center piece. Then I added a die-cut border, and drew some dashed lines with a black Gelly Roll pen. 

I took the "Autumn Traditions" die cut piece from Jillibean Soup's Apple Cheddar Pea Pod Parts, then, using two stamps from Fiskar's Happy Birthday stamp set, I stamped the sentiment and the gift using Studio G purple ink. I went over the sentiment with Gelly Roll Metallic pen #524 (a purple color). I wrapped green ribbon and brown-and-white twine (both from Jillibean Soup) around the die cut piece, and adhered it to the card front using foam adhesive. Then I took a sticker from Jillibean Soup's Watermelon Gazpacho set, and added the "4U" letters, as well as the sticker in the shape of a button. I drew stitched lines on the alphabet stickers with my black gel pen.

Lastly, I stuck a Jillibean Soup sugar pin through the bow of the ribbon, added a butterfly cutout (also from Jillibean Soup), and finished it off with a yellow gem from My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy True Blue Bling pack.

I think this is a cute card / gift indicator. The "4U" and the gift stamp make it clear there's something extra special about this card, and will hopefully entice my dad to open it quick! :)
Labels: , | edit post
4 Responses
  1. Julia Aston Says:

    A great gift card design! love all the layers and colors!


  2. Thank you, Julia! It was a lot of fun to make. :-)


  3. Unknown Says:

    Too cute! Love the stamped background and the colors are great! Thanks for sharing!


  4. So glad you like it, Amber! Thanks for coming by!