Elizabeth Cooper
I recently returned from my annual anniversary trip - this time in beautiful Jamaica - and I couldn't wait to get reacquainted with my crafting supplies. :-)

This card started out as my contribution to this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge (the theme is a black-and-white card), but... well... it didn't exactly turned out like I originally planned. By the time I finished, the card wasn't all that clean or simple, but it's still pretty cute!


I started by stamping the Eiffel Tower from Tim Holtz's Visual Artistry stamp set onto white cardstock using Stampin' Up! Basic Black Ink. Then I ran the cardstock through my Big Shot machine using a die from the Life Style Crafts: Nesting Frame 1 set. I used a second (slightly larger) die to cut out a similar shape out of black cardstock, and matted the image onto it, then attached the whole thing onto the front of the card.

The ribbon is a leftover piece from my stash, which I tied into a simple knot. The sentiment comes from the Stampology: Autumn Leaves set. I stamped it in the same Stampin' Up! ink on more white cardstock, and cut ribbon ends out of the strip before adhering it down using foam adhesive.



I then threaded some white thread through a cute button and attached it to the card with a mini glue dot. And finally, just because I wanted a little more bling, I ran some Stickles in Star Dust around the edge of the image.

2 Responses
  1. Virginia L. Says:

    This card is so VERY charming!! I find the Parisian images are so perfect for black and white design, isn't it!? That ribbons and twine details are darling! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog! I'm glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope to see your beautiful work again!


  2. Oh, i think this is quite clean and simple! It's got elegance to it, too. :)